Saturday, October 10, 2009

Male Order

Rob’s been reading a book about dog training. He’s decided he wants to be Alpha Dog. Wonder what Barbara will think of that.

He makes me sit and stay before we go out because he wants to be the first through the door. I guess if he wants to check that the Long-Snouted Chisel-Toothed Weasel – who’s called Brian - isn’t lying in wait for us, that’s fine, but I’m not sure he has the mandibular equipment to mount a counter-attack. I guess I’ll have to rescue him.

And he’s started to eat some of my dinner before he gives it to me. He puts his head in the bowl and makes munching noises. I’ve never seen him eat like that before. Or make noises like that when he’s eating his own food. If he’s so hungry he can have as much of my dinner as he wants. I’m going to try to bring him something tasty next time we’re out. There are always small animals lying around in the undergrowth if you know where to look.

I hope he’s okay.

No comments: